Thursday, August 18, 2011

who i am and what i do. {a guest post by Ellie}

Hi there! I'm Ellie and I am SO exciting to be guest blogging over here on Rachel's fantabulous blog! Who exactly am I? Well let's see.... :]



I am a girl (good start) that is first and foremost a follower of Jesus Christ. I believe that the Bible is His living Word and that it can speak to us every day. He is my Savior and King and I owe my life to him.  

I also have an amazing family. Two wonderful parents, four younger sisters, and a younger brother. I. love. them. They mean the world to me and honestly my family are my favorite people in the world. We are crazy and I love it.


{a picture from a recent photoshoot of mine} 

PHOTOGRAPHY is the best invention ever. Ever. I have such a passion for it that I started my own business! A few years ago, I made a blog. It was ugly, I had no idea what I was doing. Over time, I got better at the art of photography, took pictures of families and people I loved, and last year launched a website. I did an internship this past April and decided that after I graduate I want to go into wedding photography. Why do I do photography? The smiles. The emotion. The reward of looking on the back of my camera and seeing a captured moment. I do it for posterity. I do it because I seriously and honestly love it. If you are just starting out in photography, I'd really encourage you to practice, practice, practice capturing real life emotion. Because those pictures are the ones that will mean so much to people 30 years from now. The posed ones, yes they are important and yes they should be there. But when you capture a genuine smile or a real interaction, something magic happens. Ba-da-bing. (That was for effect. Not sure if it worked.)

I think it's so important to love what you do. If you are a writer, embrace it. Write your very best. If you are a photographer, take those gifts you have and embrace them. Take pictures and grow and learn. If you are an artist of another form, take those opportunities and let them blossom.


A few more random facts about me? (that you probably will never need in your life but it's just fun. you know.) I love strawberries, the color yellow, vintage stuff, blogging, ice cream (vanilla!! i'm a plain jane kinda girl), organizing, and babysitting. I painted my room aqua and my closet bright yellow. I have kept a journal for three years and I love country music. I am usually pretty random, so watch out. :)

So there you have it! That's me and my business and why I do what I do. What do you do? And do you love it? Do we have anything in common or am a totally wacky and crazy person? (that isn't out of the question. yet.)


I'm Ellie. i am a follower of Jesus Christ, oldest of 6, and 
photographer of life. i love strawberries.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for such a cool guest post! And I love the last picture :)

Julianna said...

you are awesome girl! ;) i loved this post,and i just checked out your blog and you have some crazy photography skils! <3

Kiley said...

This is such a great post, I love your blog! I followed it. You take amazing pictures! (:

Unknown said...

Haha we have the same name! Great post! I'm gonna go follow your blog now...